jueves, 21 de octubre de 2010

Saudi arabian woman prohibitions

Due to their religion their rights are severly restricted, and these are the most relevantprohibitions.
1-.They are banned from driving in public roads (They are allowed to drive off-road and inside house compounds).
2-. They are not allowed to travel without the permission  of their closest relative male (son, younger brother, etc).
3.-They are required to wear an “Abaya” or modest clothing in public.
4.-They are not allowed to vote.
5.- Their inheritance must be less than that of their male siblings.
6.-  They can’t marry non-saudi males without government permission.
7.- They are forbidden to drive bicycles in the 20th century.
8.- They are not allowed to go to a hospital without their husbands.
9.- According to their religion they must cover their bodies in public.

4 comentarios:

  1. It surprises me a lot, specially 2nd point. It means that if woman has a male baby, he already has a right not to give permission to her mother eveen being very young. I can't find the logic of this! I really can't... Irina

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I can't believe that they can't vote.
    This is a very important right for people. With this you can express your opinion.
    This country is very restrictive with women, and for me it doesn't have good politics for women.

    Posted by Daniela.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. They can not do anything that they want to then,it is so stupid this way of living. the most I bother me is that their inheritance must be less than that of their male siblings .
    This kind of prohibition it is unacceptable for me
    I am totally desagree because I could not live that way.
    Dominique G.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. OH MY GOD THEY CAN'T DO ANY THING THEY ARE LIKE SLAVES THEY ARE OUT OF THE COUNTRY LIFE THEY WERE BORN TO BE RULED THAT'S TERRIBLE
    I'VE READ A LOT OF BLOGS BUT DOUBTLESS THIS IS MOST TRAGIC I HAD NEVER SEEN A SITUATION LIKE THIS WHICH BEFORE THE LAW THEY ARE NOTHING
    Juan Jose Valenzuela

    ResponderEliminar